Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Novemba Novemba


I have been working early and late lately. Luckily, it's not one great long stint. I get a break in between classes/clients. Today I needed to cook. I was thinking about why I often prefer baking to cooking. What I came up with was this: when you bake, the goods can be saved for later. Often, however, savories should be enjoyed right as they come off the heat/out of the oven/get tossed together, etc. As with any rule, there are exceptions to this one. Soups, breads, dips, chicken, tuna, or egg salads. All of this helped me decide what to create today. At the top we have roasted acorn squash. Simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Here are the acorn squash seeds, with almonds, cinnamon, egg white, splenda, and kosher salt. Baked in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes...stirring occasionally.

This is what my cute mom calls "Really Good Veggie Soup". I could eat it at every meal for the rest of my life and die with a happy belly.

This is just pureed cottage cheese with spices. It's tasty for dipping veggies in when you need a handy snack.
That's all for now, as I must get ready to go back to work!

No comments: