Saturday, March 15, 2008

Meet the folks that would be my parents if I had not parents night...

I don't love noshy food. I just don't feel satisfied standing and picking at things. I like to sit down with dishes and napkins and presentation. A night like this, however, calls for nosh.
Nosh we did.
Smoked salmon with capers, cream cheese, red onion, and lemon (with crostini, cucumber, or water crackers as vehicles).
Crudite and half tomato half herbed dip that I made with a cottage cheese/yogurt base.
Pomegranite margaritas.
And Ryan's contribution...Gin/Champagne/Lemon cocktails.
I managed to make myself sick off of gin one night in high school, and champagne sometime shortly thereafter. Needless to say, I couldn't stomach much of that cocktail, but it sure was tasty!

I don't know who decided it would be a good idea to try to teach a bunch of inebriated souls how to play new card games. That is what ensued after the nosh had been noshed, though. It was rough, we literally threw in the cards pretty quickly after we began.


This is Mrs. Piggy Lopez. She is a pretty tolerant dog.

No comments: